Is America blessed by God? /S D Rodrian
Aardvark
2010-11-30 15:18:13 UTC
Is America blessed by God?

No! And neither is America blessed
by the Easter Bunny, or the Blue Pixie,
or the Wicked Witch or The West.

America is blessed by having a people
who still cherish the democratic ideals
of its Age of Reason Founding Fathers.

America is blessed by the unimaginable
felicitous coincidence of having been born
at the moment she was. And having then,
and since, a string of leaders who have
reasoned and have never ceased to reason
that it is far, far better for Man to govern
himself than for him to blindly submit to
the "goodwill" and "sagacity" of even the
wisest and best-intentioned strangers.

The miracle of human existence is all in the
personality: that coincidence of birth, genetic
inheritance, and life experiences which give
rise to our infinitely unique nature... whether
they bless the measure of our lives with
having lived with us, or curse our steps by
their having lived against us.

And all across our lives we are given great
pain by the loss of one or the continued
presence of the other. But, either way, it is
the personalities we come to know and lose
which matter... and neither the flesh, nor
any supernatural entity animating this
moving cut of matter which after our passing
rots no worse or better than that piece of
meat you buy for your next meal.

S D Rodrian
http://sdrodrian.com
http://gotopoems.com
http://thesolutionisthis.com
http://verseplace.com

http://islamisbad.com

The path to Wisdom
always follows that of Truth:

All religions are local.
Only science is universal.

.
Don Stockbauer
2010-12-01 05:08:06 UTC
Post by Aardvark
[...]
If God has blessed only 5 percent of the worl'd population to the
exclusion of the other 95 percent, then...yes.
Aardvark
2010-12-01 10:31:58 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by Aardvark
[...]
Your assumption that if God blesses me
then He can't possibly bless you is obviously
fellatious. [sic]

S D Rodrian

.
Don Stockbauer
2010-12-02 03:32:32 UTC
Post by Aardvark
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by Aardvark
[...]
S D Rodrianhttp://gotopoems.comhttp://thesolutionisthis.comhttp://verseplace.com
http://islamisbad.com
The path to Wisdom
Ok, then if God (which is merely another name for the Universe
(pantheism)) blesses all 100% of the Earth, then we have the Global
Brain instantiated and everything is groovy.

The Social Superorganism and its Global Brain:

http://pespmc1.vub.ac.be/SUPORGLI.html